14 January 2017

Introduction 5

Prologue
Dream/Vision
Date and Location Unknown

“Dobroye utro, Sonechka.” (Good morning, Sonya.) Sergey's voice startled Jennifer. She recognized what he said as a greeting – he knew her. There was something odd about what he said, but it didn't register in her mind. Something about it was natural and unfamiliar at the same time. He didn't use my name. He was talking to me, but used a different name. … He thinks I am his wife? Jennifer almost realized she was missing something else, but she understood him or understood the words at least.

There must be some way to get information from him without revealing his mistake. … Well, this means I have some time. I can continue to gather information. I will need to know where I am in order to get home. I can call home when he leaves. 


Sergey switched on the light next to him. Jennifer opened the window shade.
“It is snowing!” While Jennifer spoke this observation out loud, it was not meant for him. Something about this situation made her relax enough that vocalizing this thought did not seem problematic.

“Sneg v dekabre – eto normal'no.” (It is normal for it to snow in December.) Sergey made this comment as he was getting dressed.

When I went to bed last night it was summer. She felt at this point like the more she learned the weirder her situation was going to get. Perhaps the old styles are not an accident.

Amnesia could cause a time displacement, but that would imply higher tech should be expected, not lower tech. The southern hemisphere reverses the seasons, but they would still have at least some of the modern technology, like cell phones, and why would he think I was someone else? A quantum leap type situation, however, would fit what was going on, if it were possible.

In these types of unbelievable situations, it would be more effective to determine the time and location by a newspaper rather than by asking. “Gde samaya svezhaya gazeta?” (Where is the most recent newspaper?)

There was something unusual about her words as well. There is something I am missing. 

 
“V koridore. Ya prigotovlyu zavtrak.” (In the hallway. I will prepare breakfast.)

No comments:

Post a Comment